Welcome to Bethany High’s Counselling Department
In the dynamic and ever-evolving world of education, students face many challenges, both inside and outside the classroom. These challenges can range from academic concerns and personal struggles to career aspirations and social dilemmas. To address these diverse needs, the school has established a dedicated Counseling Department that serves as a cornerstone of support for students and their families. the team consists of 6 counselors, with a counselor overseeing the work of each department.
The Counseling Department provides a range of services and resources to students and parents in the form of the following:
- Personal and Emotional Support: Our counsellors are trained to listen, understand, empathize and offer guidance on personal issues, stress, anxiety, grief, emotional dysregulation or any other concerns that may arise during this transformative period.
- Social and Behavioral Skills: Building positive relationships and developing social and emotional skills are essential for a well-rounded education. Our counsellors offer life skills and guidance on conflict resolution, communication, and social interaction to help students thrive both inside and outside the classroom.
Our team also conducts sessions on Growing Up and POCSO for the children and other areas of concern on a need basis. Classroom observations are consistently done throughout the year for all classes, and regular check-ins are done with students, their parents or the teachers who might be facing particular challenges.
3. Support for Academic Success: Our school counsellors are here to help students excel academically. Whether the students need guidance in managing their time effectively or overcoming academic challenges, our counsellors are ready to assist.
4. Community Resources: Our School Counseling Department is well-connected with various community resources that can provide additional support and services when needed. Whether it is mental health services, tutoring, or extracurricular opportunities, we can connect our students and parents with the right resources.
5. Confidentiality and Trust: The well-being and privacy of our students are of the utmost importance to us. Our counsellors maintain strict confidentiality, ensuring that students can openly discuss their concerns without fear of judgment or disclosure.
6. We foster collaboration with teachers and parents, recognizing the significance of these formative years in lifelong success. We advocate for students’ needs and facilitate orientation sessions for teachers and parents at the beginning of each academic year. Moreover, we conduct ongoing training sessions for teachers throughout the academic year to increase their awareness on various concerns and broaden their knowledge, in order to ensure that students’ have a holistic learning experience.
<- – – – Richard Jonas on wellness: Staff orientation
We invite students, parents, and guardians to utilize the resources of our school Counseling Department to ensure that your educational journey is successful and a memorable and fulfilling experience. Together, we can help you achieve your full potential and navigate the path to a bright future.