BETHANY SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES – BSR
Bethany High, a gift bestowed by our compassionate, generous, and benevolent founder Mrs. Mignon David, stands as a beacon to humanity, transforming her tragedy of loss to a triumph of immeasurable gain. For she chose “to give, give till it hurts “
Deeds of giving are the very foundation of the world, and her legacy of “giving” has become the cornerstone of this noble institution.
According to the Bible helping others is a very tangible and practical way to express God’s love. Following the magnanimous example of the founder, we at Bethany believe in
- Don’t talk – Just act
- Don’t say – Just show
- Don’t promise – Just prove
The Bethany Education Board has proved it by not just promising but fulfilling these promises through its Social Responsibility initiatives of providing assistance of all kinds.
Following are the Board’s humanitarian undertakings down the years
- Fee Concession/Free ship to 2,293 students during the past 5 years
- Bethany Special School (Estd 1984) – Providing the following programmes charging a negligible fee of Rs 1600/ – per month: –
– Occupational Therapy
– Speech Therapy
– Individual Educational Programme
– Picnic and Field Trips
– Vocational Training e.g. Needle Work, Diya Painting, weaving on Loom, Baking and Candle making.
The Bethany Education Board is supporting the Bethany Special School for the day to day activities.
- Bethany Staff and Students Welfare Fund (Estd 2008) and Bethany Helpers’ Fund (Estd 2010) – Financial assistance and Grant to needy students/staff and their families towards the expenses of text books, medical bills, rental and food etc.
- Bethany Staff Platinum Fund (Estd 2019) – Lifetime award to employees who have worked for 30 years or more in Bethany and presently not working.
All this emanates from the founder’s fervent belief that, “We pass this way but once and we must do whatever we can for our fellowmen.” For her, service to others is the rent we pay for our room on earth, and we rise only by lifting others.
As every student exits from the hallowed portals of their Alma Mater they carry the value instilled in them that, “We make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give.”
We are blessed and we are happy to give as much as we can!